At Adventure Bay Family Water Park your safety is our number one priority! We have been working to ensure your safety from the very early stages of the design of this state-of-the art water park.
Our team's internal safety precautions and procedures include:
- Daily internal maintenance and safety checks.
- Daily inspections to make sure all the attractions are working properly.
Our external safety precautions and procedures include:
- Inspections by the Technical Safety Standards Authority (TSSA) throughout the year.
- Inspections by the Windsor Essex County Health Unit throughout the year.
Our staff's safety precautions and procedures include:
- Attendance at mandatory in-water training to keep their lifeguard skills at the highest level of standards set by the Lifesaving Society of Ontario.
- Rotation throughout the water park during shifts to ensure alertness and vigilance at all times.
- Lifeguards hold Current CPR, First Aid, Lifesaving Instructors, Lifesaving Swim Instructors, National Lifeguard Service, and High 5 certifications.
- Staff members are easy to spot, wearing t-shirts that are bright and clearly marked "LIFEGUARD".
- Lifeguards and staff members are trained on the use of emergency telephones that are located throughout the water park.
Safety precautions for our non-swimmers on the waterslides include:
- Supervision by a trained lifeguard.
- Special features of the slides (example: some slides end in a run-out containing less than 1 foot of water).
- Encouraged use of life jackets in the Wave Pool for smaller children.
- Guests cannot bring in pool noodles, floating baby chairs, or other devices. However, guests can bring in their own life jackets, provided they are approved/certified by Canadian or American Coast Guard.
How can you help keep the water park safe:
- Careful supervision of children. Our lifeguards are here to help, but cannot take the place of a parent or guardian. Please stay within arm's reach of your child at all times.
- Pay attention to signage.
- Pay attention to verbal commands from lifeguards.
- Adhere to height, weight, skill, and health restrictions for all attractions and features.
- Use of life jackets in the Wave Pool and Lazy River for children who are under 48" tall.
- Keep all concession food and drink in the designated areas, and be sure to clean up after yourself.